The Lea property was part of an original land grant made to William Proctor, the Comptroller of Customs, in 1833. After being divided and passed through several families, the property was purchased by Scouting in 1949 after many years of use as a campsite. The traditional camping areas along Vincent's Rivulet were acquired in the building of the Southern Outlet in the late 1960s and a road was constructed to the Top of the Lea.
The site now comprises 137.3 hectares of bushland and is a designated Conservation Area under the National Parks & Wildlife Act 1970.
The Lea is administered by The Lea Board of Management, and employs a full time caretaker to care for the site, with help from the Lea Service Crew.
Catering Details: Both Full and Self Catering Available
Attractions Nearby: So close to Hobart City, yet so removed from City life, The Lea Scout Centre is perfect for inter-city or inter-state schools doing a variety of Hobart's sites and attractions. Make our place your hub, a comfortable place to return to each evening with the added benefits of our on-site activity options.
The Australian Camps Association is proud to have received a 'Milestone of Excellence' recognition from the International Camping Fellowship...