The ideal venue for primary schools and high schools, Midginbil Hill offers Years 2 to 12 school children, an adventure camp on a 400 acre farm bordered by the rainforests of the Tweed Valley, just 2 hours south of Brisbane, 45 minutes drive south from Coolangatta, and 3 hours north of Coffs Harbour.
Some of our schools have been coming to Midginbil Hill for 30 years or more. Some have left us to try other camps, and nearly all have returned due to the high standards we have set.
Our camps are designed for groups from 25-95 students, but we can accommodate smaller and larger groups on request.
- We make booking and all administration very simple for school office staff.
- We design comprehensive programs for each school's approval and ensure our extensive briefing material leaves nothing unanswered.
- We centre all our activities around team building, individual responsibility and trust, we encourage students to break through their inhibitions by taking small steps whilst having great fun in a beautiful healthy environment.
- All of our rooms have ensuite bathrooms.
- We serve generous helpings of healthy foods and happily cater for children with dietary and physical special needs.
- We warmly welcome all disabled children and can transport them to activities.
- Students are under our total care from 8am to 4pm allowing teachers to enjoy a stress free and relaxing camp.
- All of our activity staff are fully trained and qualified in their activities.
- All of our activity staff hold first aid certificates and carry a first aid kit when away from base camp.
- Many of our staff are young parents and extremely warm and friendly.
- All staff undergo Child Protection checks.
- Our safety record over 30 years is exceptional.
Offering 4 different types of accommodation for over 150 guests, it is perfect for a 3 day country destination wedding, school camp, or yoga/ meditation/spiritual retreat, in a peaceful and stunning natural setting.
Accommodation Details: Bunkhouse (> 12 beds per room), Cabins (up to 12 beds), Bathrooms under same roof as accommodation, Tent / caravan sites available, Other
Catering Details: Full Catering Only
Island Energy has partnered with Victorian Camps and Accommodation providers for the last 12 months to develop simple and cost effective ways in which they can move toward carbon neutrality and energy independence.